Swim team...

Anyone who really knows me understands how much love I hold in my heart for competitive swimming. I grew up swimming for a rec team, then club, and high school, and eventually in college. I always hoped my own daughters would one day swim but then our town lost their swim team. By the grace of God, and lots of hard work, we were able to reform a team this summer, and I was able to serve the team as head coach. I truly enjoyed every minute of coaching this summer. We watched kids gain confidence, improve their times, and genuinely have a lot of fun. I'm beyond grateful to everyone who made it possible.

Even better still, Kate and CJ joined the team and I got to watch them develop a love for swimming that rivals my own. Summer 2019 I will get to watch three of my four girls swim when Natalie joins the La Porte City Waves. I'm swooning over here. Now to get Maddie ready in another year or two...






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...