VEISHEA continued...

So after consuming mass quantities of food from Sri Lanka, Puerto Rico, Japan, Nepal, Africa, etc, and after playing a sweat-inducing game of laser tag, we made our way to CY's House of Trivia.

CY's House is a trivia contest set up on the floor of Hilton Coliseum.

Let me provide you with a sample of questions from this year's CY's House.
And if you know the answer to any or all, please leave them in the comments section!

Who sang the song, "Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting?"

How many times zones are in the United States?

What year did the United States initiate daylight savings?

What is the name of the detective agency in the 80's television hit, "Moon Lighting?"

Which A-list actress got her start in the movie, "Mystic Pizza?"

The night includes eight rounds of trivia and a Cyclone 'celebrity' for each round.
In past years we've been paired with Johnny Orr, Paul Rhodes and other people that Matt thinks are super cool.

This was our fourth attempt at winning the title and we had a lot of competition as we were only 1 of 88 teams.
In past years we have tied for 3rd, 9th and 10th...I probably got a number wrong in there but, eh, oh well.

This year, I am proud to say we again tied for 3rd.
But it was record turnout so 3rd out of 88 possible positions is nothing to shrug at.
Oh, and let me also mention ISU provides all you can eat food and drink...that includes beer.
Most people get stupider with beer, but I think our team is a wee bit smarter because of it.
Just kidding...I think only two people on our team were drinking...and you know who you are!

Below is our team...
Front row: Mike Craft, LeAnn Craft, Josh Flickinger, and Amanda Gaul.
Back row: Matt Craft, me, Mike Craft, CY, and Jeremy Williams.

Now, when I say we had 'celebrity' guests I use the term loosely... or rather, you may use your own judgement as to whether or not that person truly is a celebrity.
Anyhow, our first celebrity of the night is a table favorite, Wally Burnham, defensive coordinator for the football team.


Here we are with Kevin Jackson, head wrestling coach for Iowa State.


And with Tom Herman, offensive coordinator for the football team.

We really lucked out with our celebrities. 
These are guys that most ISU fans would pay good money to sit and talk with.


And one of the biggest celebrities of the night is pictured here.
Josh and Coach Fred Hoiberg.
Josh has a man crush on the ISU men's head basketball coach.
And I don't feel bad for typing that because he admits it.


One of my favorite celebrities of the night was actually the ISU football strength and conditioning coach because he listened to my tales of woe with my hip and gave me lots of great advice.

It better work, Mr. Yancy. :)

So there you have it. VEISHEA 2011 has been brought to a close.

Between delicious foods, laser tag, my sister coming along and taking 3rd at CY's House, this was by far the most fun year to date.
I can't wait for next year!

I also want to say a quick thanks to my fantastic husband.
I always have so much fun with you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Matt said…
Actually, I could give you the answer to all of those questions.

Not to bad for a bunch of average Joe's to go down there and finish in the Top 3. We must have a few brain cells between us.
I say 6 time zones and guessing 1919 for DST. I don't have a clue on the others. What a fun trip!
I would know the answers if someone would tell me.
Matt said…
Virginia, the answers are:

Carl Douglas (which we got wrong)
6 (right)
1917 (right)
Blue Moon Detective Agency (right)
Julia Roberts (right)

We ended up getting 69 out of 80 right.
Julie Ulven said…
You have all the fun! Looks like a good time. Okay but can you name all the schools represented in VEISHEA?
Sounds like a grand time, glad you had so much fun!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...