Ordinary days...

It's hard to imagine fall has officially arrived. We decorated the house for Halloween today with a few fake cobwebs (I had to dust the real ones before putting up the old..no lie), a big, fat, black spider, and some other goodies. I'm looking forward to the big girls coming home from school. They will get a kick out of the added decor. Hidden away in the Halloween tub is our rather impressive pile of Halloween books. I love stashing away seasonal books. It makes the holidays that much more exciting when I get to read new material.


A couple of weeks ago Lindsay and I took CJ to Adventureland. She wanted to badly to ride ALL of the spinning rides. Lindsay and I had zero interest in spinning so she had to do them herself. Lindsay and I waited on the other side of the fence ready to pounce if the employee didn't check CJ's seat belt. And while she looks grumpy here the picture doesn't do justice for her true feelings because she had a blast...as did Lindsay and I. For the record, I did ride lots of roller coasters with CJ. Roller coasters are more my style. Spinning is definitely not.


A photo of the two of us at Mike and Hope's wedding. 
What a great day and I must say we look pretty darn cute.


These pictures are not in any sort of chronological order but that's okay with me because I'm finally updating my blog.

Matt and I went camping a few weeks ago at Pikes Peak...just the two of us. Say what?
We have never camped before, nor started a fire. But we did both of those things and had a fantastic time.
We both really enjoyed hiking and exploring the park. Magellan has got nothing on us.


Natalie has started three year old preschool and Maddie adores the alone time with me.
She is my shadow.


I will never, ever, ever tire of this photo. 


Adventureland's Raging River got us good.


CJ turned seven! How is that even possible. Here are seven reasons why I love that curly hair sweetie...
1. She has a kind heart.
2. She is a super goofball.
3. CJ is very smart.
4. CJ is so sweet to Maddie. She will be a great babysitter and mom some day.
5. She is really fun to be around.
6. CJ gives great hugs.
7. She has the most boingy curls and sparkly eyes. She lights up a room like a ray of sunshine.


Natalie's first year of Vacation Bible School. She is clearly very moved by the music.


Birthday cake for a 7 year old partially made by Kate who unfortunately has her eyes closed.
(Maddie was taking a nap.)


A rare family photo.


Four sisters. Friends for life.


A goofball in a swimming pool.


Since the big girls are in school, Natalie and Maddie spend a lot of time together. They are quickly becoming very good buds.


Still seven but here she is blowing out candles on yet another cake.
I think she was spoiled with parties this year.


Ready to make this a great school year!
4th, 1st, and three year old preschool


A view from camping at Pike's Peak. I told you there was no order to my pics.


During a road trip to MN we made pit stop in Clear Lake. A storm had just rolled through so the air temp was chilly but the water felt great.


She is not allowed to wear a shirt when eating ice cream. Ha!


So that road trip I mentioned a couple pictures ago...the girls and I drove up to watch Matt and the Cedar Valley CourtKings in the Midwest Basketball League play-offs. CourtKings came home with the title. Champs!





CJ was way up there by herself. I'm not gonna lie, I was nervous.



I finally let them have a lemonade stand. They pulled in roughly $24.
It was unbelievably hot that day. Where's my cut, girls?!?!


Visiting Lindsay and Griffin.


And more VBS love.



I have a good feeling. Fall is going to be pretty rad. But that's easy to say when two kids are in school, the other two are sleeping, and I'm sitting here by myself. The pace is easier when there aren't lots of littles around. Then again, they sure do bring the excitement!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...