Thursday...

Kate and CJ have been begging for weeks to visit to the Youth Pavilion and today I finally said yes. I kind of expected them to flood me with kisses and praises of love but they were rather stoic when I made the announcement. Sigh.
  

In past visits these two could care less about playing dress up and singing on stage but today they were all about it. I kind of loved it! Especially when Kate got up there and started wailing "Paradise  by the dashboard lights" by Meat Loaf. I personally dislike the singer Meat Loaf, probably because he named himself Meat Loaf, but Matt loves that song and plays it on repeat. A couple of women in the place actually asked me, "Is she seriously signing 'Paradise by the dashboard lights?' Yep, that's my five year old.




I have a hard time keeping track of these two when we visit the Youth Pavilion. And I'm not alone. The museum rules are that children are supposed to pick up after themselves before they move onto the next activity. Every corner you turn you can find moms barking at their kids to come back and clean-up while the kids run away giggling. Or the kids run away giggling while the moms clean-up for their kids. In those cases the mom cleaning up is always followed up with a hunt for a lost child. Honest. Nine times out of ten. By the time you leave every museum visitor knows every kids name.


But it is a lot of fun. Especially if you take just one kid.


Why is it so hard to get kids to look at the camera? 

The Youth Pavilion is fun but only when you go once in a great while. I think CJ is having just as much fun making plastic monkeys talk to each other....in a backwards shirt. But at least they can stop begging to go to the Youth Pavilion now.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...