Sunshine...

I'm all about a rainy day indoors curled up on the couch, snug between my two girls while they watch a movie and I read a book. Oh, and you can't forget the popcorn...with extra butter. Rainy days rock, until it feels like you live in Seattle sans the good things like hippies and organic markets on every corner. This isn't Seattle. The sunshine of Iowa has my full permission to expose itself anytime now. So get it on it already.


Now I guess I can't complain all that much because we did have a nice day last Thursday. It wasn't quite nice enough to warrant the garden hose but somehow my girls coaxed me into it.


We also received a visit from a friendly police officer who offered police badge stickers to the girls. They thought they were pretty darn important after that. (Don't worry, it was a nice visit from the officer. We didn't do anything wrong... that I know of.)


Last Friday was a big day for Kate. The day had finally arrived. Kindergarten round-up has been on her radar for months and despite the fact it only lasted two hours, it was two of the best hours of Kate's life.

Most days I have to repeatedly ask Kate to get dressed and ready for the day. But Friday morning she woke with a start, dressed herself and brushed her teeth without so much as a peep from me.


CJ wanted to go too. She at least got her photo taken like Kate.


Kate believes she will love Kindergarten and I think she will too. But her only taste of it so far has been coloring, singing and visiting. I imagine once actual school work kicks in she may feel slightly less enthusiastic. But she does like to learn so I'll keep my fingers crossed for the best.


To celebrate Kindergarten round-up I made blueberry banana smoothies but called them malts. They had no idea. Don't you love that? 


I don't know if I'll ever be able to tame this girl's hair. Both inside and out, CJ has an opinionated mind of her own. She is stubborn and honestly, takes after her mom.




Homemade blueberry ice cream... it quickly became a favorite.

So while we wait for the sun to show it's face again we will pursue other activities like painting cardboard boxes and wearing swimsuits indoors. Sure we still get out to ride bikes and play outside but we're all ready to shed our jackets.




And while I anxiously await whether or not CJ will cooperate and nap for me today, I will begin on my freshly scooped bowl of homemade blueberry ice cream and return to my novel. Maybe the sun will come out tomorrow.



Comments

I love reading your blog.Sept is going to be a VERY busy time for you. With one child in school & one in pre school & one in diapers!!!
Wendell and Harlie convinced me to get the sprinkers out that 'warm' day. Wendell has been very excited to get the pool/sprinkler out this year so I let him... even though it was a bit chilly once they were wet. Oh well.. I like spoiling the kids once in awhile.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...