Random ran-dumb-ness...

Coffee and I were in a torrid love affair for a good long while.
But I decided it was time to pull back a little. To see how addicted I was to the stuff.
So we broke up.

But after a few nights of little sleep (thanks Miss Claudia) and a more hectic running calendar (thank Bix), coffee and I got back together.
I think we are in love again.

**************************

While I was away for a meeting Matt treated the girls to ice cream sandwiches.
When I returned from my meeting Matt showed me pictures.
And I laughed and laughed and laughed...until I noticed both girls were eating their ice cream sandwiches in the living room. 
If CJ's face looked this messy I can only imagine what the couch and carpet looked like.



But I'm not that kind of wife and mother so I let it slide. :)

************************************

This morning CJ found my baseball cap.
It wasn't hard to find. I think it was lying on the living room floor.
Actually it probably was hard to find when it's buried under a small mountain of toys.

***************************************

We play a lot of hide and seek in our house.
We just have a really good house for that game.
Lots of nooks and crannies and cubby holes to hide behind.
During our most recent game we found CJ hiding here....

It's so funny when kids think that just because their face is hidden the rest of their body is to.
(Yah, I hate that kitchen floor, too.)

***************************************

This morning in the van Kate and CJ were having themselves a little contest...or something.
Both girls had this loud pitched, not well harmonized, monotone sound coming from their mouths.
It honestly could have rivaled the most annoying noise in the world.
Oh, you're not sure what that noise sounds like.
Well here you go...

******************************

Random mommy tip:
If you have a hankering for ice cream but it's either:
A. The wrong time of day to give ice cream to kids and therefore yourself too, or
B. You really don't want to share, or
C. There's only one scoop left in the carton and you can't wait until nap time to eat it

...then simply eat your ice cream from a coffee mug.
They won't even ask what's in the cup because they'll assume it is coffee and what kid wants coffee.
Works like a charm.

Comments

I am going to tell the girls about the ice cream cup!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...