Growing up and bad couponing...

There are few guarantees in life but one surefire promise is that we will all age.
Somehow, someway CJ sprouted an entire year in one quick morning.

Last night the family and I put on our fancy party duds and spent the evening saying our temporary goodbyes to a friend who is moving away.
She isn't moving too far but it is far enough, in my opinion.
The party went until late. Well, it met my definition of late when kids are along.
My girls didn't fall into bed until almost 10:00 p.m.
That may not sound late but I'm a robot when it comes to bedtime.
8:00 p.m. Sharp. On the dot.
There is good reason for that, and CJ helped us to remember that reason well until 2:00 a.m. last night while she wailed and sobbed and refused to settle down.

I was honestly quite worried for today. Two little girls with little sleep equals a crabby day for all.
Yet, today has surprisingly been a super day.


Everyone has been well behaved. 
Perhaps my 2:00 a.m. pleading prayer is the answer to this good day mystery?
I guess I can't really say.

Today is also the first time CJ has ever kept a hair tie in her wispy hair for longer than 30 seconds.
Even now, while she naps the little hair tie is hanging on by a few strands.
She somehow went from looking like an infant to a toddler.
Who knew a few, long blond curls could perform such a magic trick.
She has finally sprouted hair, now I can play it into ponytails and braids and all sorts of fun things.
I like having girls.


Kate and Oreos. A combination of the two always results in a faux mustache.
The Oreo 'stache often resembles this...


I wonder how many Oreos I'd have to give her for the faux mustache to take on this look?

 

By the way, did you know there is a Wikipedia page for 'pencil thin mustaches?'
Weird.

Speaking of weird, I flipped through the Sunday coupons this weekend.
Not to find myself a good deal of course because we all know the Sunday coupons are kind of a joke.
And this just proves my point.

 Does a 3" dog statue driving a pink convertible really do much to raise breast cancer awareness?
It's a limited edition. Let me know if you'd like to order one because I still have the form.

And there is no better time to start preparing for Christmas than in June.
I typically buy all my Christmas ornaments in June, especially awesome sparkling bird ones.
I may hang it in my window as a sun catcher until I put my tree up in October.


Buying the 2011 ornament guarantees you the opportunity to purchase the 2012 version next year.
Act fast. It includes a free gift box.

Well I'm off to clean and begin supper while listening to some of my new favorite tunes.
I decided it was time to expand my musical tastes beyond 1990's rock.
Although my heart will always belong to Soundgarden and Stone Temple Pilots.

Comments

I saw the same ad for the gaudy cardinal ornament and also thought it a bit ridiculous. CJ does look totally different with a pony tail.
Julie Ulven said…
Unfortunately, bad taste runs high in this country. Even when it comes to raising money for causes. Mieke has a perpetual food mustache --chocolate or ketchup. CJ is amazingly adorable as always in her new do.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...