Resolutions / Goals / Plans...whatever you want to call them...

Welcome 2011!

I think it's going to be a great year!

I have a few goals for myself...

1. Learn to make Panang.
This is one of the most delicious Thai dishes I have ever had.  And once I learn to make it, I may never cook anything else again.

2.  Attempt to make and bake Brioche.
My friend, Julie, makes Brioche and says it is fabulous.  I think it is a French, breakfast, dessert type bread and I've wanted to attempt the recipe ever since she first mentioned it to me.  But it is time consuming so I've avoided it...until 2011!  This year I will make it...or at least attempt to do so.

3.  Make the Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls.
Notice a food theme?  Ha!
If you don't know who the Pioneer Woman is then you are missing out...on tasty recipes.  I don't know how she does it but her recipes are goooooood.  And I've longed to try her cinnamon rolls.  This is again a time consuming recipe so I want to make it my goal to give it a shot sometime this year.

4.  Host my own 5K race.
If I choose to accomplish only one of my goals, then this will be the one.  Primarily because I already have it planned. AND I so far have about 17 people planning to run it with me.  Want more info?  Stay tuned!

5.  Train for the La Porte City Festival of Trails 5K.
I've never trained for a 5K.  I've trained for half mararthons.  I've run just to stay fit.  But I've never truly, specifically trained for a 5K...until this year.  I'm going to follow a training program and then totally kick butt!

6.  Run the BIX.
The BIX is a 7 mile race through the hills of the Quad Cities.  My dad has run it the last two years in a row and I really want to give it a try.  It is a very big, popular and difficult race. 
So I'll probably have to train for this one, too!

And there you have it!

Matt and I have an awesome year planned out ahead of us.
And I hope you do, too!

Comments

Boy! I could never keep up with you -cooking or running. I just like being a Greatgrand mother.
Matt said…
The first three are related to eating, the last three are related to running. I like how they're all intertwined.
Great goals! I think setting goals is so important in life.. even if we don't accomplish them all it's great to try and seek what we are capable of doing. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...