How not to bake banana bread...

Not once in my life has anyone confused me with Betty Crocker... or Heidi Klum for that matter.

Today I decided it was time to clean out the freezer because gosh, darn it, almost every time I open that thing a frozen banana falls out and lands on my toe.  I don't know what is worse?  Child birth or frozen banana toes! 
Ok... so labor pains hurt a lot more...

Anyway, I started cleaning out the freezer and can you guess how many black, frozen bananas I found in there?!
SEVENTEEN!



So I rounded up the girls and trudged us to the store to buy a dozen eggs, 12 cups of flour, 6 cups of sugar, 6 sticks of butter, 6 cups of milk and a bag of coconut M&Ms because they taste really good. :)

Yes folks, these are all the ingredients necessary to make 12 loaves of banana bread.
What was I thinking?
Especially when I only own 2 loaf pans.
Yep, right here... big dummy.

Here is my sous chef feeding herself Cheerios with a spoon.
Such talent!  Such cuteness!!

Anyway, do you know what makes me an even bigger dummy?
I actually thought I could make the batter for all 12 loaves in one bowl.


My mixer couldn't reach the bottom of the bowl and each time I tried to stir by hand the batter sloshed over the side.

Thank goodness I have a sense of humor because I laughed at myself through the entire process.

And what made me laugh at myself even harder?
I gave up trying to make 12 loaves of banana bread using only 2 loaf pans and instead opted for 9x13 pans.

A culinary experience to remember for sure.

Comments

Banana bread cake is good too.
I'm glad you laughed your way through this because I was laughing so hard I was literally crying! How hilarious. I've come up with 5 freezer bananas at once before, and actually just ended up tossing the last 3 I found. Does this mean we'll be enjoying some banana bread/cake at MMO? :o)
P.S. The last time I was at Wal-mart I actually looked for a big bag of Coconut M&M's, but I guess they're so new they're still only in the small bags.
Julie Ulven said…
TOO FUNNY! I have 5 bananas in the refrigerator and they will probably go to the compost pile. More potassium for my yard. Mieke has reminded me very time I open the frig, "MOM! Bananas do NOT go in the refrigerator!"
17 banana's! That is CRAZY! Sounds like fun.. glad you could laugh through it all.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...