Upside Down

Do you ever just want to give up on something?
Call for help or lay down and pretend you're asleep?

This is exactly how I felt about yesterday.
In fact, I woke up this morning with great reluctance.  I didn't want to face what the day may bring.
I thought about faking an illness so I could just stay in bed all day.  Pretend I was really, really sick...so sick I couldn't move. 
But that would be completely irresponsible of me.

Instead I took a deep breath, threw my legs over the side of the bed and stood up...hoping and praying today will be different. 
Different than yesterday.
Yesterday was one of those terrible, rotten, no-good kind of days.

It started off fine.  In fact we were REALLY looking forward to a visit from my sister, Lindsay.
I was really excited to catch up with her and play games with the girls and Lindsay.
But the girls had a different idea.  And as the day went on the girls' behavior rapidly spiraled in the wrong direction.

I don't know if it was a full moon or the girls simply stayed up all night partying in their jammies without Matt and I knowing it, but something strange was up with them.

So here is to a new day and a new attitude from all of us.

Sorry, Lindsay.  Next visit will be much more pleasant.  I promise.

Comments

Lindsay might think twice of marrying and having kids!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...