Lesson Learned

If you run a lot on days with a 105 degree heat index you should hydrate yourself.  You shouldn't just assume that because you ran in the rain or took a shower immediately after running that you have rehydrated and are good to go.  No.  Don't wait until lunch (5 hours after running) before you drink that first glass of water.  You should drink lots and lots of water. 

I consumed about 18 gallons of water this afternoon during naptime and immediately after I became violently sick from playing outside with the girls in that 105 degree heat index.  Thank the Lord I was sick from dehydration because I would have cried myself to sleep had an illness ruined our vacation.  Ok, so now I have learned my lesson and I will always, always, always drink buckets and buckets of water.  I'm such a dummy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...