It happens every year.  I promise myself I'll take TONS of pics in Clear Lake.
But I never do.

So I don't have many photos to share. 
Thankfully the Grandmas took a lot.
However, one grandma has a Tanzanian pastor living at her house for two weeks and the other is visiting a friend in Wisconsin for a week.  So I haven't been able to collect any pics from them.  All in due time.

Here are a few photos from my very small Clear Lake picture arsenal.
This is the girls as we are about to pull out of the driveway.
CJ started her normal screeching shortly after this picture was taken, and it didn't stop until we got out of the car.
BUT, she was tremendously well behaved on the way home so I can't complain. 
She is just letting her voice be heard, right?


We lived in the pool with a few trips to the beach and the splash pad.
We rarely wore clothes, pretty much just swimming suits.

And this is us leaving Clear Lake.  I told you I didn't have many pictures.
I look terrible here.  We were all SOOOO tired but somehow I'm the only one who looks that way.
Thankfully the girls take after their dad and not me.

Since returning home I've been feeling a bit claustrophobic.  I think it has something to do with the fact we were outside about 99% of the time in Clear Lake and now we are back in the house.
But we've been making plenty of trips to the park, riding bikes, etc.

Here are a few random photos from the week of vacation recovery.

Watermelon face Kate.

My puddin' pie eating pudding pie...and smearing it in her hair, too!

Looking for cheap entertainment?  Throw some toys in a big box and tell your kids to go get them.
This lasted much longer than I expected.

Yesterday Kate got the idea to paint a rainbow. 
Kate used paints but CJ was given only crayons.  Both did a great job, actually!

Kate and her finished product.
(Yah, her shirt is on backwards but she insisted on wearing it that way.)

And today begins our girls only weekend.
Matt left this morning for work and then Ames. He is on the ISU Alumni Association Board of Directors and has meetings for the next few days.  So the girls and I rented some movies, we plan to visit the local pool for a last summer hurrah, play at the Youth Pavillion this morning and eat lots of things that Dad doesn't like.
Such as this dinner.  Crackers with hummus and a Greek yogurt parfait.
The girls and I love it.
Maybe I'll plan a big meat fest for Matt's return Saturday night. 
We can have bratwurst with a side of steak.  :)

Comments

Matt said…
I think you look good in that picture.
I-too think you look great in that picture.Also CJ looks great eatng pudding
You all look good! And lots of fun pictures. Glad vacation went well and so on to recovery. We are in recovery from the long weekend. I think it takes just as long to recover from a trip as it does to be on it!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...