Secret Revealed

I have something terrible to admit.

I'm no longer running the Sturgis Falls half marathon.
I'm kind of upset at myself.

Most of you are probably saying, 'what, who cares... I didn't even know she was going to run a half.'

Well I was.  And now I'm not.

Life got too busy.
It was becoming increasingly difficult to train for all of the obvious reasons which I won't go into.

So instead of preparing for the half marathon, which is in one week and three days, I am going to just commit myself to running again.

This Saturday is the La Porte City Festival of Trails 5K.  I'm really looking forward to it.  I'm running with Matt, my dad, my sister and some of Matt's friends.  Well...when I say 'running with' I mean we will all be running at the same time.  I'm sure we will scatter and spread out from one another.

So my PR is 22:48 for 3.1 miles.  My worst performance ever in a 5K was five months after Kate was born at about 29ish minutes.  (But hey, I had just had a baby not long ago.)  Anyway, my goal time for this 5K is 24:30.  I can do that, right?!  Right!

Comments

Go Sarah Go!Beat all of them!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...