Running and baking...in that order...

While neither Matt nor I finished our training programs for the Sturgis Falls half marathon, only one of us actually chickened out of running the race.  And that chicken is your's truly.  Bock, bock.

So despite not training, Matt ran the entire half marathon.
His proud wife and daughters met him at the finish line.
And look, he is even smiling.
Doesn't he look good in his cool running gear.
It was a birthday present from me.
I imagine the real reason he chose to run was so he could wear his cute outfit.


Matt won a finisher's medal.
Kate thought that was super cool.
Oh, and that house they are posing in front of is awesome.  I wish I would have taken some pics of that place!

After the race we went out for breakfast with Matt's folks.
They were working the Iowa State University water stop along the half marathon route.

And while Matt took an afternoon nap (an all afternoon nap!) I made us the most amazing muffins.
Bake them NOW and thank me later.
Seriously, these were the best muffins.

I can't take any credit for these babies.
I found the recipe from allrecipes.com.  They are the #1 rated recipe of all the recipes on the site.
Click below.  Bake them fast. And eat them for breakfast everyday.
LOVE!


And click below again to view the top 20 recipes.


Comments

Matt said…
As you can see by my big strides at the end, I was just getting into shape.

Here's hoping I can feel my legs by the end of the day.

And I can vouch for those muffins - fantastic!
megankremer said…
Too funny that you love that house- so do I! Clearly we both have excellent taste in housing :)
Good job Matt! Now you can relax the rest of the summer? or do we see another race in the future?
You're right--the muffins were delicious! I just ate the last one for breakfast this morning. Although, I think you could easily make 15-18 muffins from that recipe. Thanks for sharing!!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...