I did this?!

I will have a Freebie Friday post later this afternoon.
But right now I wanted to share what I made last night.
It is my very first ever sewing project.
I didn't follow a pattern.
I'm my dad's daughter...I don't follow directions.
As a result, I had to rip a lot of seams (thanks Heather for reminding me to buy a seam ripper!) and I already see a couple of mistakes.
BUT...I'm still really super proud of my work!


Notice my reflection in the window trying to take a photo.  Ha!

Kate digs her new pillow.  This morning I tossed it on her lap. 
She let out a big, impressive WHOA!  I think she reacted that way because her new pillow is pink.
Here she is relaxing on it.


I couldn't find a fun patterned fabric for the front of the pillow and my two 'helpers' were becoming impatient.
So I bought two coordinating polk-a-dot fabrics and used scraps from CJ's curtains to make my own pattern.

Next up; pillows for the antique porch glider we found in the basement during clean-up week!

Comments

Very impressive for your first sewing project! You definitely learn by trial & error. Measuring/cutting/prepping is 75% of the work. Actually running it through the machine is pretty easy.
Congratulations! Your pillow is very pretty.
Julie Ulven said…
Yeah! You did it! She-ra! totally impressed and for the record, I don't follow directions either.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...