$38.00

Meal planning is brilliant!

I spent only $38 bucks before taxes.

Of course, it helps significantly that we had a lot of the necessary items in our cupboards.
I only had to purchase one meat item.

Here is what I bought:

2 boxes Kashi cereal (Matt & Kate's fav)
unbleached flour
2 x 28 oz cans diced tomatoes
pizza sauce
can green chiles
couscous
sour cream
half n half
sausage
3 apples
4 lb bag of oranges (they were on sale)
1 yellow squash
1 pkg fresh mushrooms
bananas
organic, fresh baby spinach (Kate loves it...can you believe that!)
2 gallons of milk

All of this plus what is already in our cupboards will make meals for the week.

However, Matt is going to Sam's to buy some chicken in bulk.  So maybe I should count that, too.
I'm so proud that I successfully planned and shopped for a week of meals.
I normally fly by the seat of my pants, which means I buy too much.
But thanks to her, her and her I have lots of inspiration.

Hopefully I can keep it up!

Oh, if you place your cursor over the words her, her and her you will notice each 'her' is actually a link.
Just thought I'd clarify in case you thought I was nuts and left stuff out.
Happy Monday!


Comments

Sounds great, I hope it all works well. I find it often relieves stress so I don't have to come up with something to eat.. just see what I have planned and go cook it! And great job using up what you have and keeping your budget low.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...