Whew! My second post of the day. I guess it has been a blog-worthy day. I meant to write about this topic in the last post but was overwhelmed by the after lunch events.

From the moment Kate wakes up until the moment she goes to bed she is asking to go outside. This morning she hopped into bed with me around 6:30ish and her first word was...OUTSIDE! We got ready for the day and quickly headed out. We went for a very long stroller walk, played at two different parks and walked to the grocery store and back...all within a two hour time frame. As anyone who has ever been pregnant before can attest, I was tired. But I regained my energy thanks to a very special tool...PBS. In fact I am so grateful to the benefits of PBS television that I want to write a letter to them. Most of their fan mail reads like this:

Dear PBS Kids,

I love Clifford and Sesame Street. They are my favorite tv shows. Thank you for showing them to me everyday. I drew a picture of Elmo. Will you please show my drawing on tv?

Love,
Ellie

Here is my letter.

Dear PBS Kids,

I am so grateful for your educational programming. Thanks to you I was able to take a 40 minute nap on the couch while you entertained my daughter. Please let me explain. I was really tired and was in great need of sitting down. I knew she was in capable hands with me passed out on the couch and you acting as the parent because I can rarely leave a room without her following me. And sure enough, when I awoke refreshed she was laying down beside me in a television trans. I hope to never do that again but I don't regret my actions one bit. Thank you again. My daughter loves your shows.

Signed,
Embarrassed but refreshed mom

Comments

KingRooRoo said…
Dear embarrassed but refreshed mom,

You'd be surprised how many of these letters we get. In fact, our research and development team has figured out that 10 minutes of Elmo has the effect on most toddlers similar to light illegal drugs. We're glad you've picked up on our subliminal messages.

P.S. - Remember this next time we hit you up for money.

Signed,

PBS
It's amazing yet scary how kids can get so zoned into the tv. But I would also have to write a letter to PBS because thankfully, they always have good clean tv for our children during the day. And yes, I should make a donation as well. If they charged per hour like a babysitter then they'd be making quite the income!
I'd like to sign your letter, too! I laughed so hard I almost started crying. Since Emily doesn't nap anymore I can't tell you how many times I set Emily in front of Curious George while I laid down for a quick power nap knowing that I'd find her in the exact same position as I had left her. Glad you got some much-needed rest!
Sade said…
Sarah, you are a pro. I am still LOL!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...