What would you do?

Matt left this morning around 5:30 and won't be home until 10:00 p.m. And he will be gone all day tomorrow (Saturday) too. So when Kate woke up at 6:00 a.m. I knew I had trouble on my hands. First off, I was still in bed. Secondly, when she wakes that early it usually ensures a crabby day. I jumped out of bed and caught her in the hallway, told her it was still night time and put her back into bed. BUT, she pleaded that she had to go potty. Is it a ploy so she can get up early for the day? Am I shooting myself in the foot by denying her the opportunity to potty willingly? Which would you have chosen? Put her back in bed and pray for a few more minutes of sleep for both of you and a guaranteed shower for you? OR let her get up so she can use the potty chair but risk dealing with a crabby kid for the next 48 hours all by yourself?

Comments

Sade said…
Sorry Sarah! No advice here...but hope your day is hopping along in fine fashion! :-)
Too bad you can't do both, potty then back to bed. Wendell insists that he has to go potty before nap time and NEVER actually goes so we've just about given up on this one. But Kate HAS been successful so hmm.. tough call here. I guess it all depends on how tired you are... the way I feel today, I'd have sent him back to bed.
Sarah Craft said…
I was hoping for more comments here but for those who responded let me share... I chose to put her back to bed. Unfortunately she was back out in about 6 minutes, was head to toe soaking wet and neither of us got anymore sleep. Oh, and I missed a shower. But she still went potty on the potty chair. Weird! Oh well, we ended up having a very fun day anyway...despite the lack of sleep.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...