The Art of Stalling

Kate is in process of mastering the fine art of stalling...namely naps. It all began today when I said good night for the afternoon nap and she announced she had to potty. I worried it was a false alarm but thought I must test out her claim. We ran to the bathroom and results were produced. I was so proud. But of course that meant she deserved her reward. She chose to indulge herself in an Elmo computer game. Shortly thereafter I took her back upstairs for nap. Again as I was saying goodnight she announced the need to potty. I fell for it. We ran to the bathroom and instead of pottying she cleaned her 'diwty toes' and needed a 'neeew pull-up.'

I again took her back to her room and had to return to that same bedroom about 5 more times. Once something important fell out of bed and she needed me to pick it up. Uh-huh. Then I heard books hitting the floor. And finally she ran out of her room and announced she had pooped in her bed. Thankfully the pull-up was still on so no real messes were created. But that sure scared me. Two hours after the initial nap put down I cleaned up the diaper and Kate gleefully pranced through the house in victory.

Today has been day 3 of poor napping. It best not become a trend because this pregnant girl really values her down time.

I would like to add however that Kate has been doing rather well with potty training. She has her good days and bad but for the most part she seems to be making progress. Let's hope the progression continues.

Comments

Wendell had a spurt of no napping but thankfully has mostly returned to his naps. For now, if I take him outside in the morning then he's pretty tired but if we stay home all morning then it's pretty guaranteed that he won't take a nap.

Wendell has also tried the "potty" stall tactic and has not been successful yet.. so at least you had results we just keep wishing and hoping.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...