The gift of ordinary days...


 Long ago when I posted more often, I'd regularly title my posts "ordinary days." There is a lot of overlooked joy in an ordinary day and intentionally looking for those moments in repeat days of child rearing and food prep allowed me to feel fulfilled. During my hiatus from blogging our family has experienced a lot with an unfortunate amount of "bad" in those experiences... bad experiences but also some good. And now because of the last 10 months of difficulty, I feel that ordinary days are more than overlooked joy. Ordinary days are an absolute gift from the heavens. And I'm here for it. Give me all of the most ordinary days imaginable.  


All aboard the hug train!

I was lucky enough to take a couple of the girls to Florida in early April. Kate, Natalie, my parents, and I flew down for six great days of sun and fun. While I hated leaving the other three Crafts behind, it was an amazing trip away. I shall now begin plans to take CJ and Maddie south - it only seems fair. :)




The condo pool had gorgeous views and some pretty good looking swimmers! 



The girls and I love the common area pictured above. It has several restaurants, including a delicious ice cream place, plus fountains and lots of people watching. It just feels warm and festive. 


First night in Marco we knocked out a visit to our favorite restaurant area and took a sunset stroll on the beach. Love, love, love!!



Natalie and my mom strolling along the docks just outside my parents' condo.


Checking in with the Crafts back home and we sent them this super cool goodnight photo. What studs!


Everyone needs a photo with Captain Morgan in Marco...and by everyone I am only referring to the goofballs in our family.


We went mini golfing and it is hands down the most gorgeous mini golf course I have ever seen. By the end of 18 holes, it was a very close match and Grandpa squeaked out the win.


We had to stop on this very quiet road to make sure this guy made it across safely. Some of the larger neighborhoods have designated turtle crossings. It's so nice that turtles in Marco can read so they know where it is safe to cross. :)


While this trip is in no way part of an ordinary day, it was an amazing getaway and we are now happy to be back in the swing of ordinary days. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...