A weekend getaway and CJ's first communion...

Last weekend Matt and Kate hit the road for Wisconsin for yet another weekend of basketball. It also just so happened that the only soccer game on the calendar for the weekend was rescheduled. So I booked a hotel room for the younger girls and me at Grand Harbor in Dubuque. We swam and threw ourselves down slides and giant buckets of water dumped on our heads....this last through Friday night and all of Saturday morning. I didn't get any pictures of us at the water park because we were too busy having fun to break out the phone.



Afterwards we grabbed lunch and bought tickets to the Dubuque Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium. I've wanted to go to this place for years and I finally got my chance. We saw all sorts of marine life including catfish three times the size of me, sting ray, snakes, alligators, and so much more. The museum had super fun places for kids to play and explore with water and sand. We read up on environmental changes due to the development of locks and dams. We learned why water quality is important for animals and people alike. It was a fun and educational afternoon.

CJ wanted to buy this stuffed turtle at the gift shop but it'd require a second mortgage. We settled for cool rocks instead.

Speaking of turtles; here's Maddie posing inside a giant tortoise shell.

Captain of the ship.

We got home in time to pass out in our own beds and wake up for CJ's first communion. The CDC lifted the mask requirement for vaccinated people the day before which meant no more masks for everyone, I guess. Anyway, the lifting of restrictions was perfect timing for a celebratory day at church. How fun to have our second daughter old enough to receive communion now. Everyone is growing!!



Three cheers for a fantastic weekend! And we are set for another great weekend ahead. Looking at these pictures and past blog posts reminds me how blessed I am to have a hard working, loving husband who cares for all of us. I'm so blessed to have four smart, talented, strong daughters, and caring parents and in-laws. And of course I cannot forget Nacho - our pet cat. Life is pretty great!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...