Little things winter and spring 2019...

I haven't blogged since December 2018...last year. So I'm going to dump a whole lot of photos here and give little updates with each photo. There is no order to the photos. I'm just accepting them as Blogger uploaded them. 

Easter was warm and beautiful. We wore no sleeves and played outdoors most of the day at my mom and dad's house. After such a harsh winter we got extremely lucky!

Porch play time. Maddie with the tongue sticking out as always.

I told you nothing is in order. Here is Matt snuggling with Maddie on the morning of his birthday. #41

Maddie wrapped up her first year of preschool. Here she is showing off the plant she started from seed at library story hour. We planted the bean plant outside but haven't checked on him in a good long while. Hmm...that can't be good. Again with the tongue.

Family St. Patrick's Day photo before we hit the road for St. Louis. Spring Break road trip!

A pretty CJ showing off her new glasses.

From Christmas the older three girls received an IOU for a fun weekend outing with their Aunt Hope and Uncle Mike. Here is Natalie on the weekend of her trip to Blank Park Zoo. She had herself a fantastic time as evidenced by this awesome photo!

Summer girl.

Birthday cake.

Softball...one of our many, many sports. This is Kate up to bat. CJ also plays softball and Natalie is still at the t-ball level this summer. 

Art show! Mattie and Maddie showing off their tongues. I wonder where she gets it?

I chaperoned CJ's class field trip to the Youth Pavillion and I brought Natalie and Maddie with me. 
Every loves to ride the bus!

Hot cocoa in the fort. We had two straight weeks off school because of weather alone.
Woof.

We met up with the Crafts for Kate's Iowa Prep basketball tournament in Ames and celebrated Grandpa Mike's birthday. The pool was everyone's favorite.

Strike a pose...Natalie got new shoes.

We made a mud kitchen behind our garage this spring and it has changed Maddie so much. She can spend an hour or two back here all by herself collecting, mixing, crushing, piling...she loves it.

Natalie at school reading a book into a pretend phone. This picture just screams teenage and I can't stop smiling.

Kate and her science partner, Millie, finished first for their report on the most injury prone sports.

Maddie was on the Ole Town Road Craze long before Lil Nas X.


Bus ride.

Kate and CJ both played soccer this year. I don't have a team photo of CJ with her team because CJ decided not to play the cup. It was a fun year to watch these girls learn and grow together. I coached Kate's team with a friend and the girls finished third at the big year end showdown.

Kate and her Iowa Prep 6th grade girls basketball team.

Maddie looking cute right before taking the stage for her 3 year old preschool concert.

We made bunny ears at story hour.

Natalie and Maddie showing off their creations.

Sisters on a swing.

The rain doesn't slow this girl down.

More tongue. Sigh.

St. Patrick's Day car ride to St. Louis. She looks so innocent here.

Loving life.

I love this picture of us at the Arch.

We found a park near our rental house in St. Louis and we were there every day. I think everyone was so happy to see and feel mildly warm sunshine - a great change from the cold temps we were having back home.


Natalie at the art show showing off her work.

That same park in St. Louis.

Maddie turned FOUR!
The days are long but the years are short.

More art.


Celebrating haircuts. These girls never want a haircut.




More art.


Mike, Natalie, and Beau at the zoo.

With no school for two straight weeks and buckets of snow falling every hour we found our way to the sledding hill quite a lot. Gotta make the best of a unique situation.

Maddie "showing off"? her artwork. Who knows.

Matt, Kate, CJ, and I went to MN for an Iowa Prep basketball tournament and we tried out Top Golf for the first time. We will definitely go back!

Preschool concert and Maddie looks like she's ready to take someone's head off. 

Sunshine and ice cream. love love love

She shoot, she scores.

A swimmer at heart...wearing goggles while watching a movie.

Maddie and I made the world's ugliest rainbow cake but dang it tasted good.

And that's it!
Let's hope I blog again before Christmas. :)

Comments

Unknown said…
Amazing! I take photos as well and I was thinking about starting my small business, but then I read about how much of a headache it is, how stressful it may be, and decided to wait a bit. Also I found out there are organizations like AAAPPP and I'm not ready for situations where I could need their help.

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...