November little things...

It's an interesting dynamic in our house. Parenting a middle schooler all the way down to a threesome tyrannosaurus with two others in between. At the end of each day we collapse on the couch and I think, "phew, survived another one." A good parent gets up and tries again...or so I've read. And that's what we've been doing.

 Kate sang in her first ever middle school concert. The kids did a great job after a trimester of practice. In middle school students are lined up by last name rather than height. Kate blocked a few kids standing in the front row. Love my tall girl.

We received our first snow storm of the season...in early November. I love winter, I love winter, I love winter...(trying to convince myself.) The snow has since melted but I snapped some cute photos of the girls playing before it disappeared.



And after a couple of hearty Thanksgiving meals with various families (three Thanksgivings in all), we drove up to Wapsie Pines and picked out our Christmas tree along with 3,000 other families. I think we were all trying to avoid the big snow storm expected for the following day. That beast of a storm dropped zero flakes on us. I don't understand how the weather works but I'm glad I'm not the one in charge of predicting it!


We also snapped our annual photo of the girls with Santa and Mrs. Claus. I'm always so impressed that no one ever cries about having to sit on strangers laps. Although Maddie did look a big skeptical.


And lastly a photo of my little kitchen helper. The Lord made children cute for a reason.


Other points of interest from this month...
My birthday...I turned *cough, cough* it's hard to verbalize...41 years old.
Our wedding anniversary. We've made it 14 years!
Three Thanksgiving meals with family in three different cities.
Black Friday shopping with my mom, Kate and CJ. Shopping actually happened on Thursday but it still counts.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...