Christmas Countdown 2017...

As we countdown to Christmas 2017 I can't help but reflect on all the changes brought on by this year. I lost both of my grandpas. Last Christmas they were with us and I truly didn't think that by this Christmas we'd have lost them both. But with sadness comes blessings and 2017 wasn't filled only with tears.

Matt played another season, and has since retired, from the Cedar Valley CourtKings. He continues to succeed as an attorney. Speaking of basketball, Matt is coaching Kate's 5th grade girls basketball team. He clearly has a passion for basketball at all levels. Matt also plans to start an informal team for CJ and second grade girls this coming winter/spring.

This year Kate has been involved in basketball, soccer, softball, volleyball, and, at recess only, lots of football. She'd love to play organized football but we said no...about 34 times. Kate has also had a lot of fun learning to draw from YouTube tutorials and has put together some really great drawings. This is Kate's last year in the elementary school. How is that even possible? With 5th grade comes the opportunity to play a band instrument and Kate chose the trumpet. I can't wait to go to the first band concert.

CJ is no stranger to sports. She has played soccer, basketball, and coach-pitch softball this year. CJ is second grade and has become an avid reader with an AR range up to 6th grade reading level. She loves drawing and creating, and loves to make pictures that are symmetrical- this seems to be very important in her art work.

Natalie is wrapping up her last year of preschool this school year. Natalie spends lots of her free time taking care of stuffed animals, playing Barbies, and learning to write letters. She is now writing us notes with simple phrases like, "I love you." Her room is Natalie's favorite place right now, and she loves to spend time in there with the radio on.

Maddie is a 2 year old through and through. This year has brought big changes for Maddie as she moved out of both her crib and her diapers. Maddie loves watching Sofia, sneaking into her sisters' bedrooms,drawing on things that are not paper, and eating fruit snacks.

And as for me? I started my second year on the Black Hawk County Gaming Association and joined the LPC Preschool Board. I've continued with our Itsa group at church, spending time with other moms and their children, and coached CJ's soccer team. I'm back to running again after a year long hiatus thanks to some hip pain. I've been pouring through books, as usual this year. I just love a good read. I've run kids in every direction and chased Maddie while she regularly chooses to run the other way. I really enjoy watching the girls play their various sports and I look forward to watching more in the many, many years to come.

Much love to everyone in the coming year.

Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...