Fall Catch Up...

Fall has treated us well this year. Kate and CJ are a few days from closing out the fall soccer season. Kate has primarily served as goalie and occasionally defender for her team, Knight Force. I am coaching CJ's team, Mini Union, this season. We only have five girls but the five we have are terrific. I have really enjoyed coaching them. And much to my surprise, I have really fallen for watching my kids play sports. I think I was less enthusiastic about it in years past because I always had a baby to keep happy while attempting to watch the big girls. Now Maddie is by no means independent or self sufficient but its a little less work this year with the prospect of things getting easier as the months pass...in theory, of course.

I am clearly behind on my blog which has been pretty standard for the past couple of years but here are a few other things that have gone on this fall. 

Shortly after Labor Day Natalie started four year old preschool. She attends in the afternoon, three days a week. At first she was not a fan, but now she looks forward to school. Currently her favorite school playmate is Henry. She always looks forward to playing with Henry.


 Natalie being away at school has left Maddie home as the only kid. While Maddie and Natalie have become great buddies this fall, Maddie thoroughly enjoys her alone time with me.


While Natalie is away at school Maddie and I either wander to the library, park, eat ice cream (Shhhh), and sometimes explore our favorite, Hickory Hills. Maddie doesn't enjoy the hikes so much as she prefers throwing rocks in the water and chasing geese.




Matt's Dad and I like to run a 5K together now and again. (Although my hip is being a jerk right now, but that's another story for another post.) Earlier this year I signed Kate and CJ up to run a 1/2 mile race at the same event Mike and I were running. They loved it so much the two girls are doing another race next weekend!





I'm pretty proud of their efforts and with their results! Good job girls!



One Saturday Matt and I got away for the ISU v UNI football game in Ames. We had over three hours there and back to talk to each other uninterrupted. Whaaaat?! I wore a combination of purple and red...which makes me sound like a red hat lady, but I had to support my alma mater, and I wanted my husband to still talk to me, so I had no choice. ha!



We also celebrated a couple of big birthdays around here. First CJ turned 8! Eight years old????
Here are eight reasons why CJ is so fantastic...
1. She is outgoing and goofy.
2. Her love for reading makes my heart swell.
3. CJ's laugh is top notch!! I love to hear that girl love.
4. She is super creative; whether it's legos or drawing or building, CJ comes up with some really beautiful ideas. 
5. She is a great sister to all of her sisters.
6. That hair and those freckles! My heart melts.
7. CJ loves her space and knows when she needs some time to herself. It's good to know these things about yourself.
8. She is fabulous in so many ways, do I really need to stop at 8?!
We love you, Claudia!



For CJ's birthday we went to Palmer's in Waterloo where we bounced on the jumping pillow, raced go-carts, practiced in the batting cage, and laughed ourselves silly. Here's a few pics from our fun afternoon.

Future softball star

Getting some air...zoom in on that face!!





We also celebrated Natalie's FIFTH BIRTHDAY!!! What a sweetheart! Here are five reasons why I love my Natalie...
1. Natalie is super sweet and loves caring for Maddie, dolls, and her stuffed animals.
2. She has a big heart for animals.
3. She has an even bigger heart for fashion and make-up. Natalie enjoys giving makeovers to anyone whom is willing.
4. Natalie loves to be read to and I love reading to her.
5. She has a sensitive heart but a super smart wit. 
Happy birthday, Natalie! We LOVE you!!!!



It has been a wonderful fall with many more days to come. What a blessing to have this family!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...