More fall..


 A couple of years back I asked our Pastor if we could open the church to moms and their kids. We named our group Itsa beacause... "Itsa" a time for moms to gather. "Itsa" safe place for kids to play. "Itsa" great opportunity to make friends. I really cherish these ladies. We meet every week and it is something I look forward to. Every now and again we meet outside of the church and do fun things. Last week we met at Hanson's Hallow. The kids loved the animals and playground, while the moms loved the coffee, treats, and fall decor. I'm very thankful to have these friends in my life.


Friday after school I surprised the girls with a trip to Hickory Hills. Man we love this place. We "hike", explore the woods, throw rocks off bridges, and visit the animals. It really is fun. Now if I can stop Maddie from repeatedly running from me we would visit much more often.



I showed this picture to Matt and he very astutely pointed out the fact that this picture accurately reflects each girl's personality. Natalie is bouncing, happy-go-lucky, CJ is cheerful and smiley, Kate is a major goofball, and Maddie is all business waiting for me to look away so she can train for her Olympic sprinting career. 



I found a way to temporarily slow Maddie down...walking her baby in the stroller. Half a block later she abandoned that poor, fake baby but at least I wasn't chasing her from the street...for three minutes.


And finally we've been logging lots of time at the park. We're pool rats in the summer and park rats spring and fall. At least we are consistent.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...