Summer, summer, summer time...

Summer is my jam. As a kid I swore when I grew up I was going to be either an Olympic swimmer or a mermaid. My favorite food is ice cream. My favorite thing to buy my girls is swimsuits. And if you know me at all, you understand I LOVE swimming pools, beaches, the smell of suntan lotion AND chlorine, wearing swimsuits all day long, digging in the dirt, lounging in parks for hours, eating outdoors, and don't forget...an outside Grapefruit Shandy! I also love the drink Painkiller which I discovered during my time in St. John, USVI. The other day Kate was watching the news, heard that Prince died from an overdose of painkillers and she turned to me and said, "I guess you better give up painkillers, Mom." NO NO NO NO NO NO.......very different painkillers.

Anyway, back to the real reason for my post. I am giddy with excitement in anticipation of summer. So much so that I want to treat this entire summer as vacation. Like a mindless summer, chicklet novel set in Nantucket I plan to log out of social media as much as my addictive brain will allow, wear swimsuits more than I wear clothing, read books with the girls in the grass, grow flowers for us to wear in our hair, spend mornings in the park (although I will wear full clothing for that) and afternoons at the pool. Forgo the mom mini-van and bike everywhere we possibly can. Eat outside, grill outside, have a drink outside, read outside, nap outside, live outside. Giddy, I tell you.

And because I don't have any great, new pictures to share I will dig deep into the archives...


















SUMMER FOREVER!!!!!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...