Playing...

The other day I read through some old blog posts and I thought...

a.) I can't believe these things happened 3, 4, 5 years ago. It seems like yesterday.
OR
b.) What? I have absolutely no recollection of any of this happening.

It was a reminder to blog as much as I can. It's not as simple with four kids but it is just as important. Seriously these girls are fantastic and I sometimes take that for granted or just plain forget when things get um, well, dramatic. 


Natalie has been going through a dress-up phase. Not only does she change her everyday clothes three to four times a day she also mixes in various costumes. The other morning she begged me to dress Maddie in this little Belle costume. It is pretty adorable. Although Natalie looks like she just woke up from a rough night of partying.


And here is baby Natalie wearing the same dress at 6 months old.


These two spend every day together and they have really formed a great bond. Sure, when the big girls come home from school Natalie changes her focus, but when the big girls are away these two littles are inseparable. 

Per usual Natalie told me, "I'm not tired. I don't need a nap." 
And then she passes out on the couch. It happens often.

In addition to climbing, Miss Maddie loves to wedge herself into boxes, bins and tubs.

Kate has really grown up a lot lately. She loves watching Survivor with me. (Be still my heart!) She loves watching basketball with her Dad. (Be still his heart.) She reads books like I drink water. And she lets babies climb all over her.

The other night we made a "dog pen" out of blankets. The game is pretty simple. First, spread blankets all over the floor and second, everybody crawls around and barks like a dog. Maddie LOVES it. Then CJ changed the game into a nest for human birds. I think both girls were pushing hair off their faces for the picture while I very quickly snapped the photo before being attacked by a rabid, baby, Maddie puppy. 

CJ looks so much older in this photo. Imagination is strong with her. CJ is amazing at playing pretend. She also is learning to read which just blows my mind. They grow fast.

Well I hear the baby crying. I guess that 7 minutes of quiet time is all we get today. So is life some days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...