Around here...

I almost titled this blog post "Round Here" because when I decided to name it "Around Here" I immediately thought of the Counting Crows's song, "Round Here." But Round Here doesn't really make sense so I went with Around Here and instead decided to share the Round Here video with you. Are you confused yet?

This is one of my favorite Counting Crows songs. Actually they have so many great songs. Songs that lead to high school flashbacks of me driving around Cedar Rapids with my two best friends, Laura and Traci, to get "big, fat malts" from this awesome 50's diner which is now a Panera. Wah. Nothing against Panera but the 50's diner was so much more original and awesome.


Let's be honest though. While "Round Here" is totally fabulous it is also slightly depressing and that is not at all the mood I want to set for this blog post. So why don't you listen to this song before continuing on...


Want to know a secret? One of my high school best friends, Laura, and I made our own music video to this song. And it was totally rad! But you will never, ever, ever see it. :)

So let's move away from the 1990's and into the here and now...
***********************************
Clear Lake, Part Two




We made another trip to Clear Lake this weekend. Matt's parents wanted to surprise the girls with a quick two day, one night visit. We made reservations at our favorite little hot spot, secretly packed the van and told the girls Sunday morning we were just going to visit the farm to say hello to their grandparents. Upon our arrival grandma and grandpa broke the news, everyone did a happy dance and away we went. Kate thought perhaps it was all a trick. What a horribly cruel joke that would have been.

I kept a death grip on my littlest lake adventurer. Her life motto is "NO FEAR!" 

Family volleyball game with a wild, squirmy girl in my arms. 

Looks like Matt was REALLY having fun. 

Matt flipped the girls several dozen times. Love his expression here!

NO FEAR! 

The big girls don't get too scared either.


************************************
The last two weeks of summer...

To say I am sad for the approaching end of summer is an understatement. Although there is a portion of me that is looking forward to the start of school and perhaps some semi-quieter days.

Sweetcorn madness!!



Visiting the zoo at home in our pajamas...well Natalie was in clothes, I guess.

She smiled for the camera?!?! Kind of.

Yep, there is those pajamas I mentioned. Sometimes it is so hard to leave your pajamas.

Until, at least, you put on two wool dresses so you can do science experiments outside.
No, that was not a typing error. CJ wore TWO wool dresses to play. Sometimes you just gotta let it go.
Baking soda, vinegar and non-stop happy screaming.

Life around here isn't too bad. In fact, if you overlook the occasional disagreement between sisters then things are actually pretty darn great. Okay...one more song for the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...