Concerto in d minor...preschool edition...

Monday night we attended the theatre. Three of us wore our finest blue jeans, two donned fancy dresses and one wore spaghetti sauce like it was a medal of honor. (In case you are doing the math we did not add a child. Matt's mom joined us for the concert and no, she was not the one in spaghetti sauce.)

Long periods of sitting still often turns a sane child crazy. And while our wait was not necessarily all that long Matt had to find ways to entertain himself. I mean, he found ways to entertain Natalie. She was the antsy one. Yes, it was her. 

Matt filled the time with selfies. He is not one to take a selfie...ever. But when you have a cute baby on your lap how can you not take a selfie; even if she looks like she'd rather be sleeping.




Like McKayla Maroney, Natalie was not amused...




I'm sorry you didn't get in on the selfie LeAnn. Next time!

So, several selfies later the concert began with a promenade of dozens of 4 to 5 year old kids waving ribbons in the air (like they just don't care). Sorry, I had to.


If there was ever any doubt that CJ is fond of her baby sister then those doubts can here forth be put to rest. When CJ spotted Natalie in an aisle seat CJ stopped, grabbed Natalie's hand and kissed it. My eyes got a little misty at that point.

CJ wasn't in the best position for us to take pictures. At the same time she wasn't really into her stage performance either. It seemed she would rather be watching paint dry than to perform on stage.


Post-concert.
To get this girl to look at the camera would be a small miracle.


See what I mean...


The concert made for a very nice Monday night. It was rather fun to watch all of those kids on stage. Some really knew how to work the crowd...or they were just acting like little kids. Either way everyone chuckled at some point. And I can't help but think of Louis C.K.'s monologue on SNL a few weeks ago, "I went to my daughter's play the other day. There is no more joyful feeling in the human experience than when a child's play is over. When you can say, 'I'm not watching that any longer.' Every second my daughter's up there on stage I can't breathe because I'm so proud of her but this is a bad show. They worked really hard and it didn't make it good." Now before you get all huffy at me I have to say the preschool concert was good. But it wasn't Broadway...if you like that kind of thing.

Anyway, if you want to watch all of Louis C.K.'s monologue you can do so here...
PS: Don't watch it if you are sensitive to insensitive comments.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/louis-ck-monologue/2768583

I would embed the clip but NBC doesn't allow me to do that. 

Thank you for a fun preschool performance CJ and crew. Here is to many more shows in the future!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...