Jail break...

My thoughts have been all over the map this month. I am reaching that beautiful stage where I can have a complete and independent thought again. My brain is not bogged down from a lack of sleep and an excess of baby drama. I run most days to release energy and yet staying still the remainder of the day has me wanting to break free. 

February is a tough month. And I am trying my best to not allow the dreary hallows of it to take hold of me.

The promise of a new month will be fulfilled shortly. March will not bring magic but it does carry all of us one month closer to life outdoors. March introduces the glorious, giddy feeling that invites us to roll down car windows and let Katy Perry songs escape without hesitation. (If I had Sirius radio I would drown your eardrums with a 90's grunge station but my tape deck doesn't pick up satellite. True story.)

March's arrival is the reintroduction of green, St. Patty's Day, Shamrock shakes, basketball tourneys, clumpy rain boots, tulip bouquets and maybe, just maybe, a day without winter coats. 

My thoughts may continue to be all over the map for the time being but with more hours logged outside my vision will become focused. We are not meant to stay trapped indoors. Bloom where we are planted, yes, but my butt is not meant to be planted on this couch any longer. I am ready to bloom where the daffodil bulbs hide. I am ready to bloom where neighbors share coffee and conversation under trees in the yard. I am ready to bloom while chasing kids on bikes and dragging baby dolls in wagons. 

So long February. Thanks for the memories winter. I am ready to zero in on life beyond these four walls. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...