Us girls are on fire...

These four walls of my house have been holding us warm and safe for much too long. I will not complain about winter and its icy, snowy, freaking freezing goodness but I would also not complain if a warm gust of air wanted to show it's gorgeous face. Alas spring tulips are far down the road. Thankfully my coffee maker is ready to keep me cozy.

To truly survive cold winter climates I fully believe you either have to possess a very solid imagination for fun or have a great cable t.v. package. The later doesn't exist in this house but that is okay because we make our own fun. 

Natalie thought this was fun...for a short while.

Despite colder than deep freezer temps we enjoyed the holidays. We filled our time with many road trips to visit family, endless games of Jenga, Rack-o, UNO and Elefun, and running laps through the kitchen, dining room, living room, foyer...repeat.

Christmas morning at home...

We had to wake CJ to open gifts...

...because this one couldn't stand waiting one more second.

We let Natalie sleep. She was cool with it. 


All tuckered out. 

And a little sisterly love.

Really I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas break. The girls and I got along beautifully during the day while Matt was at work. My heart swells watching our three girls giggle with each other. I love how they work to include Natalie in their play even when Natalie's sole mission is to destroy and conquer. (Should I worry that Natalie takes great pride in decapitating dolls?)

And as we transition back into school and the start of a new year I have lots of love to give. I am at peace with the chaos that reigns. I continue to learn patience every day and I am amazed at how my calmness funnels into my girls' behavior. Dance parties continue to dominate our daily lives...particularly strong girl songs like "Girl On Fire" by Alicia Keys, "Run the World (Girls)" by Beyonce and "Roar" by Katy Perry. Cliche stuff? Yes. But the songs carry the message of confidence, braveness and being proud of who you are. 

We have a lot of good to look forward to this coming year. And I hope to get my rear in gear to blog about it. *smile*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...