Future Sarah...

Matt and I have a commonly used, go-to phrase for the times we really, really don't want to do something. "Future Sarah will worry about that." "That sounds like a problem for Future Matt." Another commonly used phrase among the two of us is, "swallow the frog". When the time arrives for Future Sarah or Future Matt to finally face the dreaded task we "swallow the frog" and get it over with.

Each Sunday after church, while the girls are in Sunday School, Matt and I have one hour of time alone. Well, alone with Natalie pulling on our pant legs, but it is the closest we get to alone time nonetheless. After this past Sunday's church service we went home to relax when I started to feel a little odd. Next thing I knew four of the five of us were hit in the face with a stomach bug. It was an ugly Sunday and an even uglier Monday when the kids felt better but Matt and I did not. Add this to the list of things no one tells you before having kids... *As a parent, if you fall ill you will not lie down and recover but rather be forced to follow the same daily routine while you occasionally roll around on the floor in agony or run for the bathroom.* So over the course of two days you can imagine what the inside of the house looked like; the dishes piled up, mounds of clothes, towels, sheets could be found in almost every room and toys were thrown like a big, bad storm rolled through. And while Matt and I took turns passing out in bed we kept saying, "Future parent will worry about the mess." Then finally Tuesday arrived and it is like we have been reborn. Suddenly life has never felt sunnier, Matt ate his usual two breakfasts, I sipped my coffee, I styled my hair, the girls are wearing clothes, the sixth load of laundry is in the wash and holy smokes have we been swallowing the frog. Order has been restored and I feel like singing from the rooftops.

Tuesday is suddenly my new favorite day of the week.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...