Sarah and the four dwarfs...

With the realization that July is coming to a close came my awareness that we are running of time for summer awesomeness. I'm having a severe craving for adventure right now. I'm wanting for bike rides on the nature trails, hikes in the woods, long walks with stops for a picnic here and there... So yesterday I tossed the girls in the van, along with Kate's and CJ's new BFF, neighbor Asher, and we ventured through Hickory Hills.


I packed all the essentials like snacks, water bottles, a blanket, flashlights (for adventure on the trails), diapers and sunscreen. But Asher on the other hand...now that kid came equipped. He brought a plastic knife (for pretend survival), binoculars, gloves (to protect hands while lugging sticks), hats for everyone, water, snacks, and a whole lot more. Kate saw Asher's loot and thought she too ought to pack some things. She did well but Asher had planned for a real adventure whereas the girls and I are more "dainty" hikers...for lack of a better word.


Kate giving unnecessary direction to Asher...


Kate packed her hiking equipment in a faux Coach bag...


CJ insisted on flip flops (although I wore the same)...

Bare feet up, bottle in hand, taking it easy in the stroller...



Hickory Hills is a lot of fun. It brings back so many memories of my childhood when neighborhood friends and I would navigate the woods and creek behind Taft Middle School in Cedar Rapids. My parents probably knew nothing about it but it is too late now to be punished. So I guess I am still living out my childhood through my own children.

Now...where shall we go for our next adventure???

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...