A concert...

You know those moments in your kid's life that you are so very happy you caught on camera? Yeah, that is how I feel about CJ's preschool concert. Whether THE photo shows up at her high school graduation party or is simply tucked into a photo album, I will hold it near and dear. (You'll know what picture I'm talking about when you see it here...)



Oh how I wish I could dive into those little 3 year old minds. I wonder what they thought standing on stage with hundreds of faces staring back at them. Were they happy to perform for everyone, were they thinking of ice cream, were they really wanting to pick their nose?



I saw small moments of the CJ we know and love. Moments when she twirled and smiled but most of the time it was more shock and awe. 



And of course THIS happened. I later showed CJ the photo of her lifting her dress on stage and she just said, "yep, that was at my concert." Obviously she holds no qualms about flashing the entire audience. And the tongue hanging out?! Oh, that girl just cracks me up.


The concert was over approximately 10 minutes after it began. Months of practicing songs over in a few moments. These are baby steps towards CJ growing up. I can kind of, sorta trust her to follow her teacher and perform as instructed while I was a good distance away. That little girl is growing up. Hopefully she'll learn to keep her dress down as she ages.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...