Things around here...

I just hopped onto the ol' blog and discovered I have only posted a measly three times this month...and March is just about done. Say what? I'm not sure how it happened. Time has passed me by. I look at the calendar and see that it is officially spring. I look at my kids and wonder how they grew so much over night. I look in the mirror and sometimes don't recognize my own aging face. When did I become 35? I feel more like a young, spunky 21 year old who is just stuck babysitting for a realllly long time. But oh yeah, they are really mine. Pretty cool! (My thoughts are all over the place today.)

So what have we been up to??? Not too much beyond the ordinary...

Getting ready for the day is like trying to catch a mouse in a house of mirrors. Craziness. This morning I had to say "CJ" 10 times in one minute. I'm just going to start calling her George or Wilbur or something unusual. Maybe that will help get her attention.

Here I snapped a picture of us trying to get out the door for church. Matt is trying to convince CJ to put on her coat while balancing a baby on his hip. Kate is playing with a balloon and the cat is darting away because she is deathly afraid of balloons. And I took a picture. Real helpful, eh? :)


We donned Iowa State clothing for church last Sunday. It was Palm Sunday and game day. Sadly we all know the outcome of the game and as far as the palms, well everyone, including strangers, got smacked in the face with a palm branch at some point by our middle girl who by the way refused to conform to ISU clothing day. A rebel in her heart. I kind of like that about her, although I'll probably feel otherwise when she is a teenager. (Notice Natalie is only wearing one sock. Why is it that babies can never keep socks on? My socks don't fall off my feet.)


Before the temps outside warmed we were to the point where anything went inside the house. Including moving the couch, dragging a mattress downstairs and running around in swimsuits. It was fun for awhile until someone got hurt. But isn't that how things always turn out?


There is a whole lot of love for baby Natalie from this girl. She asks to hold her all the time and Natalie almost always smiles in response. It makes my heart all melty.



Looking at these pictures you'd think we never leave the living room. I promise we do leave the living room, and the house, on occasion. I guess the camera just doesn't come with us. 



Kate isn't the only one who enjoys holding Natalie. CJ is always next in line to get her hands on her baby sister. 


Yoga by Natalie.



Matt finds a lot of joy in balancing things on the heads of his babies. This isn't the first time a kid in this house has been found with a pancake on her head...or an Oreo. I don't quite get it but he has a lot of fun with it.


So there you have it. Pancakes on heads, swimsuits in winter, mattresses in the living room, snuggle time with baby...that was our March. And speaking of the month of March we are ready to say good-bye. April is around the corner and we plan to reclaim our stake at city park and eventually at the city pool too. I've already stashed away my winter boots and come heck or high water I ain't getting them back out. I'd rather lose a toe to frost bite than wear boots again.

Hope your spring is starting off with a bang...




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...