Getting caught...

I am blessed beyond imagination with these three little girls but man alive is it hard work some days. I often don't get any time to myself until after Natalie goes to bed which is around 9 p.m. and by that point I just want to crash on the couch and spend some time with Matt. Even now as Natalie naps I tried to sneak away from CJ but she found me and immediately gave me her list of demands. Go get me tape, cut this with my scissors, play dollhouse, find my toy... I continually remind myself that kids are selfish by nature and mothers cannot be. We give up a lot for our children but whining about our sacrifices to our kids does nothing. I can be exhausted and up to my eyeballs in laundry but if I say to my child, "When will mom get a chance to nap?!" it doesn't affect her in the slightest. She is thinking of her needs; the fact that her tummy is rumbling or that mom forgot to wash pants and she must again fish dirty ones out of the hamper. She is more concerned with the fact that I forgot to order that book from the book order than the fact I also forgot to pay a bill. It is so easy for me to whine and complain about my kid but I have been trying my very hardest to instead be uplifting. 

When a friend visits and all I want to do is complain that my kid is hurtful or a bully or really difficult to manage, I instead remind myself that she is sweet most of the time and I say those things aloud when I know she is listening. Rather than getting caught complaining I let Kate or CJ catch me swooning over them. I remember occasionally hearing a relative say something kind about me when they didn't think I was listening and how wonderful that made me feel. I want my girls to feel the same even when in my heart I may be struggling with them. I've been whispering in CJ's ear when I put her to bed that she is a good girl and I love her. Being a mom is freaking hard! Being a dad is too.

I have no earth shattering, mind blowing revelations to share but writing about these things makes my heart feel better and my mind more calm. 

If I turn my back I usually find Natalie with something new surrounding her...most of the time I find her sporting a kitty cat headband.

In other news Natalie turned four months old...last week. I'm a little behind on this post, eh?

 Seriously people where has the time gone. Natalie is the happiest, sweetest, most relaxed baby I have ever been around. She is a blessing through and through. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...