Bacon face...

Many moons ago when we attempted to potty train CJ we gave up. That's not much of a story, right? So we gave up and then one Sunday morning as we were dressing for church CJ announces that today was the day she was going to wear underwear. Really? Can't you do it when we are actually going to be home? But whatever...she wanted to do it and how could I say no. I briefly debated packing a plastic tarp to cover the church pew and instead pulled undies out of her drawer. And that is how CJ became potty trained. The girl has a mind of her own and will only do things when she says the time is right. Well to continue the potty talk, CJ never washes her hands after using the bathroom without a fight. Too much info, huh. We always win. She does wash her hands...eventually. For her to go the bathroom is a 15 minutes endeavor because you have to bark at her. "Walk to the sink. No, to the sink. Turn on the water. Well then use the hot water if you don't like cold. Please don't spin while washing. Use soap. No, use soap on your hands not just your fingertips. No, use the soap, not the lotion. Stand on both legs before you fall..." I think you get it. 

So the other day after using the bathroom, and as I was mentally preparing myself for our usual fight, CJ declared, "I am now a big girl and I always wash my hands after using the bathroom. I didn't when I was little but now I'm big." Sweet! I high five myself because I sure don't want to high five CJ's dirty, potty hands and we haven't had any issues since. This very same day...are you still with me?...my little vegetarian says, "I like chicken now that I'm a big girl. Big girls eat chicken and I'd like chicken for supper. Oh, and bacon too. Big girls eat bacon."

I immediately grab my cell phone and text Matt...

Me: Dude. The girl wants bacon. Bring home bacon.
Matt: What girl wants bacon? 
Me: CJ. She says she is going to eat bacon.

And Matt runs to the store to buy bacon and cat food...but that is another story.

Sure enough I cooked three pieces of bacon for The Vegetarian and she ate it without any barking from her parents. She didn't eat the chicken but whatever...her body is probably still in shock from actually consuming protein. Now Matt has some serious bonding potential with CJ as Matt's love for bacon rivals his love for Iowa State. And that is a whole lotta love.

The BIG girl

And the cow says, "thank you for not choosing beef."




Comments

That is hilarious. I laughed out loud. In general, my children have sped up their eating habits (PTL!). However, it seems their diet is becoming even more self-restricted. Lincoln has wanted nothing for breakfast lately except Disney princess gummy vitamins and his Carnation Essentials chocolate milk. (at least we have the basic vitamins covered) I finally convinced him to have toast with cinnamon/sugar the last two days. Both he and Emily won't eat fruit like they used to. The only reason Emily is eating decent vegetables is because they had to track their daily servings of veggies the last two weeks for school. Sigh. Someday they will appreciate broiled lemon butter salmon and mesquite pork loin and anything beef or chicken that doesn't come in nugget form. Right?!?
glsgls said…
Yep, she is a big girl.

Maybe she would like this:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Wraps/Detail.aspx?ms=1&prop25=106232353&prop26=DailyDish&prop27=2013-02-22&prop28=Feature_1&prop29=Title&me=1

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...