Tuesday name game...

I have a very vivid memory of me sitting in the backseat of my mom's car impatiently waiting for her and my brother to leave a swimming pool. I'm not sure why I was in the car and they were not. Maybe my brother was being difficult or he was wrapping up swimming lessons but whatever it was I remember flopping around in the backseat and thinking I'm never going to make my kids wait! Ha! Then a switch flipped and I thought, whoa, I'm going to have kids some day? And right then and there I decided I would one day play mother to two children, a boy name Daniel and a girl named Danielle. I now realize just how confusing that would have been. Although I often call my three kids by the wrong name anyway, and none of their names even sound the same.




Last night I returned home from a Council meeting past bedtime. I went upstairs to find that their Dad is pretty darn fun because Kate and CJ swapped beds last night. When I was a kid I would have been as excited about that as going down a giant roller coaster with Daisy Duck at Disney World. But the bed swap didn't help my mom brain because I continued all morning to call the girls by the wrong name. (Only once have I ever called one of the girls the cat's name.)


Thinking back to that memory of my fictional children Daniel and Danielle I wonder what goes through the heads of my little girls. Do they ever slow down enough to have thoughts like that? It wouldn't seem so looking at these pictures. I imagine they dream of growing up to become track stars and members of Cirque Du Soleil because they sure as heck don't ever sit still long enough to imagine doing any thing other than wrestling or the like.


That's what kids are good at, right? Tumbling, jumping, running and falling face first only to hop back up and do it all over again? 


They may not be the Daniel and Danielle I imagined long ago but these three wild monkeys are mine for keeps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...