It's the final countdown (cue music)...

The half-n-half I use in my coffee, that sits in my fridge, expires at the end of this month on September 30th. And each time I open the refrigerator and find it staring back at me, the only thing I can think is, "will that half-n-half still be sitting there when this baby is born?" Will it still be fresh or will my big belly and I have thrown it out only to buy new.

Earlier this week I opened a new package of contacts that are technically supposed to last only two weeks. Will these be the contacts I'll be wearing when I find out if my third child is a boy? Or will I be viewing my newest little girl in a different pair of contacts? Who knows. Read this as less dramatic and more impatient.

Just yesterday Matt made a comment about there being only three more weeks until the due date. I very quickly corrected him that there is in fact only two NOT three weeks remaining. He proceeded to then correct me by saying there is actually two and a half to which I respond, nope... two weeks and three days. I round down because I'm the one with the giant belly and Frankenstein waddle. He rounds up because well, he can still bend over and tie his shoes.

Really I'm not that uncomfortable. Sure my back aches by the end of the day but I kind of remember feeling the same way before I looked like I swallowed a watermelon whole. I do have two weeks and two days until the due date and still that doesn't hold any promises of baby's arrival. I know I can get through this. I'm a tough girl but I am sure as heck ready to my newest little him or her.

Tuesday was Mismatch Day at school.
I have a feeling my girls will look like this more often after baby is born and they begin dressing themselves. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...