A post!... And Matt's doppelganger...

Well hello there old friend. If my blog were a tax form I would have been throw in federal prison by now. I am behind; delinquent in filing a blog post of any kid...quality or crap. But what's a girl to do when she hasn't really found the motivation to write something? That's right...avoid it! Procrastination pumps through my veins in heavy doses lately. I'll blame pregnancy and not total laziness.

Pregnancy and subsequent laziness hasn't stopped us from venturing outside the comfort of home. Nope. We have been having ourselves lots of fun...most days.

A couple of weekends ago the family and I hit the well traveled road to Matt's mecca; Ames, Iowa. You'd think a married man's heart would lie with his family and that is mostly true for Matt but I'm quite certain a good, solid 60% of his heart beats for all things Iowa State University.


ISU's first football game of the season was our motivation for making the drive and we decided to make a weekend out of it thanks to Matt's brother, Mike, who just bought a house in Ames. Thankfully he has a little extra wiggle room in his house for guests. I'm guessing he will eventually regret that. We'll just have to try to be good house guests. 

Pre-game we ate breakfast at The Grove. It's this semi-run down diner with awesome pancakes the size of an adult cranium and coffee cups with funny sayings. We all loved it.


And no trip is complete without a quick stop at a park. I should really start a blog simply to review parks. I'm almost certain we've visited a good solid 80% of all Iowa parks...or at least that is what it feels like.


That same weekend we also threw a birthday bash for CJ with extended family. CJ chose a rainbow theme so my family decided to dress the part and wear ridiculous clothing that had nothing to do with rainbows and everything to do with oddity. But I loved their spirit!


Kate is a sweetheart of a girl but she struggles with letting others have the attention...and gifts. She tried her best though and just 'helped' CJ a lot. 


Like when CJ was having a hard time blowing out the candle on her cake...


...Kate took the liberty of 'helping' her finish the task.
Thank goodness CJ didn't realize it was Kate, and not her, who blew it out.


We've also been slowly adjusting to school. Kate tries her best to wake up in the morning but sometimes falls right back down, even while attempting to crawl out from the covers.


Even Princess CJ has had to make some adjustments since preschool began. Although it could have been the Sleeping Beauty costume she was wearing that made her feel woozy, but probably not.


Kate's time at Kindergarten each day has benefited her imagination. She came home the other day and decided she and CJ needed to make masks. Kate was a dog and CJ was a cat. I didn't tell them this but I thought they looked more like Jason from those scary Friday the 13th movies. 


And in case you were wondering I'm down to 19 days until baby's due date. I seriously thought about making a countdown chain for myself this morning. I'm trying my best to not think about it all the live-long day, but I'll be honest and tell you I have been failing miserably. Thankfully I have a couple of very busy, very adorable girls to keep me distracted.

Oh, and before I sign off...
Matt sent me this goofy video that includes highlights from this past weekend's Iowa State v Iowa football game. The guy in the stands at the 1:08 mark looks more like Matt then Matt himself. It is so weird. Matt wasn't at the game. I should know because we were with him the entire day. But one glimpse of this guy at the game would make you think otherwise. Check it out. It is truly Matt's doppelganger. Just click on the link below and pay attention at the 1:08 mark.

Matt's doppelganger!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...