Up next...

It was yet another day of firsts around here.
Miss CJ, after all her 'patient' waiting, got her turn at school.
Last night I wondered who would rise first; Kate, CJ or the sun. I'm happy to say the sun won.
First thing out of bed, CJ woke me with a cheerful smile, strapped on her big girl shoes (still in jammies) and bounced through the hallway singing her version of a preschool song.

She could not contain her smile.

Apparently this is how all the big girls pose. 

I dropped her off and she didn't even give me a wave. 
Kate attempted a good bye hug but she was having none of that. 
And then Kate politely command she could find her classroom on her own and I was left, childless, in the hallway by myself.
It was pretty awesome.


So now I'm porch sitting with coffee in my Florida mug, a dessert bar for breakfast (hey, it's my alone time!) and a book within arms reach.

I love my girls and I am proud of their bravery and independence. 
Now let's all enjoy a little peace... until baby arrives.


Comments

Amen, sister! Enjoy your morning!!
Dawn said…
Where did you get CJ's shoes? Katherine would go crazy for those green shoes and she needs some for school in another week. Enjoy the time before baby comes!!
Katie Rathe said…
Such a little cutie - Hope preschool was fantastic fun for her this week!
Sarah Craft said…
Thanks all! Dawn - CJ's shoes came from Kohl's. However, they were purchased a couple of years ago for Kate who grew out of them before we left the store. They have now been gifted to CJ. She says she'd rather have purple. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...