My nest...

I can scarcely believe the calendar reads August 21st. Despite our busy August I have posted only two blog updates and snapped four measly photos. We've attend a wedding, the Iowa State Fair, seen family from far away and the list goes on. But somehow, someway, I haven't eeked out any great pictures or blog posts.

Baby is due to make his or her arrival in less than six weeks. I've been a sorting, organizing, cleaning maniac. There is something about the upcoming appearance of a baby that gives me the feeling that I will never again have time to clean out a closet or refill soap dispensers (much less sleep!) ever again. It's close to a doomsday feeling. My brain screams to sort through that long forgotten shoe pile in the corner or there will never be another opportunity to do it again...ever. It's strange and yet productive. If only my back could keep up with my desire to accomplish long put-off tasks.


I've managed to get seven meals in the freezer, because I'll never be able to cook again after baby's arrival, or so my brain tells me. (If you have a great freezer meal recipe please send it my way. I'm the freezer meal preparing queen right now and yes, I do have a tiara.)


Kate starts Kindergarten tomorrow. TOMORROW! She's been waiting for this day for as long as I can remember. I think she started talking about Kindergarten on her first day of three year old preschool. It's been a long time coming and I'm thrilled her day has nearly arrived. She is ready. She is excited. Now let's just hope it lives up to her expectations.

She was supposed to be napping but I found her pretending she had a baby in her tummy instead.

CJ starts her first day of three year old preschool on Thursday. In her mind she is prepped to own the place. She has painstakingly watched Kate walk into the preschool room for two years now and it was all she could do to not run in there and take over. I have a feeling she won't even glimpse in my direction when we arrive for the first day. Both girls are beyond ready.

Her disinterest in napping finally caught up with her.

Until baby's arrival in five plus weeks I will have four hours a week to myself. That doesn't sound like much and it really isn't, but I'm still not sure what I'll do with myself. My natural inclination is productivity and perhaps my inset nesting will insure that but right now I see myself sitting on the porch with a book and some coffee. Without getting too terribly sentimental I feel that between school and new baby, a new chapter of our lives is beginning. I've never shied away from change and I'm not about to start now.

Comments

Great post! You're forgiven for lack of posts. I'm 1.5 weeks behind again. :o( I laugh at your "never be able to again" mentality because it's so sad but true! I'll send you my go-to freezer meal recipe for baby & Soul Food. Or maybe I should just make it for you!

I hope Kate had a great first day. I love this picture of her. Enjoy your new free time (organizing can be enjoyable).

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...