Eye of the tiger...

Last week the girls excitedly cut, pasted and hung two countdown chains. One chain counts the days til school begins (Kindergarten for one and preschool for the other) and the second chain marks the remaining days until CJ's birthday. While they busied themselves with their creations I was making my own mental countdown. Baby #3 is set to arrive in approximately 9 weeks and 4 days. That means 60 more days until we meet him or her or 86,400 minutes until I can walk stairs without panting. It shall be a glorious day in so very many ways.


Sweat, sweat, sweat
These long hot days don't just affect me. Everyone is suffering in their own way. I've pretty much kept the girls indoors unless the pool is open. The time and temperature sign hanging from the fire station in town told us it is 101 degrees today. Am I wrong or have we moved to Arizona?

Slip and slide with Grandpa...



I am continually reminding myself to enjoy these two girls now because soon it will all be altered in a big way. I won't have Kate around during the day, CJ will start learning new things from her preschool classmates and baby is a whole lot easier to care for now then he/she will be in 86,400 minutes.


Changes
We have had several new things to celebrate around here. Both girls passed swimming lessons. I have a cousin getting married soon, another cousin announced her first pregnancy and a third cousin just got engaged. Matt and I have a date weekend waiting around the corner. And today CJ figured out how to swim, breathe and return to swimming in waters she can't touch. That sure as heck doesn't mean I trust her one lick to swim off on her own but it is thrilling to see the excitement in her eye when everything finally clicked. She couldn't have been more proud. I guess all those hours logged at the local swimming hole are paying off.

Kate made this picture as a 'thank you' for her swimming lessons teacher, Keith.

She was supposed to be brushing her teeth...

A room for two:
Long ago Kate and CJ asked if they could share a bedroom. Kate is a sleeper and we're convinced CJ has a No-Doz stash under her pillow. But their interest in co-sleeping didn't wane and CJ started  sleeping past 5:30 so this weekend we decided to give it a try. I sure hope I'm not jinxing things but all has been going well. They chatter lightly at bedtime, sleep peacefully well into the morning and greet us like this...


Oh how I hope it continues!

So as the days pass and we get closer to school days and CJ's 3 year birthday and as my belly grows, I plan to channel my inner Rocky. The finish line is well within sight.



Comments

Julie Ulven said…
Love this post and the CJ in the mirror! So many times repeated at our house ---activities in the buff.

Glad co-sleeping is working --that means a nursery and a play-room can be accommodated. :o)

Hope to see you at the GW Beach on August 7th. Hugs

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...