Weekend giddiness...

Oh boy was the weather gorgeous yesterday. Highs in the low 80s, sunshine...it's these ingredients that make my day into a happy recipe. But who wants to dwell on the weather in a blog post, right?


Yesterday afternoon I unexpectedly announced the girls should dress in swimsuits and I'd dig out the sprinkler. They were so thrilled I think their little faces may have cracked slightly from smiling.


They were out there for 2 1/2 hours; an unprecedented amount of time for these two to focus on one activity. 

By the end of happy-sprinkler-playtime they were filthy dirty and thoroughly exhausted... and I got to soak up sun while reading a book. It was quite possibly a small taste of heaven for us all.


Matt's parents are taking the girls today for an overnight and Dina is out of town for a school function, leaving just Matt and me at home. That means, eating out, venturing around town and sleeping in. What a delightful combination.


And Sunday we celebrate in style with a birthday bash for Dina. Oh yes, it is sure to be an enjoyable weekend and I hope the very same for you and your family.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...