The truth is...

With today's gorgeous, spring weather, thousands will be set free from the shackles of Seasonal Affected Disorder or S.A.D. But did you know that a new kind of 'illness' has popped up. TOMTOSAED or Tired-of-My-Two-Year-Old-Screaming-About-Everything Disorder has hit the Craft household. Cases of TOTTOSAE have been know to subsequently cause PLTMAYAEIRTTTYOD or Parents-Losing-Their-Minds-And-Yelling-About-Everything-In-Response-To-Their-Two-Year-Old Disorder. I've got a case of both and it is severe.




Ever since the local weatherman announced highs of 60+ degrees for Tuesday, March 6th, I've been counting down the days with thoughts of outdoor playtime dancing in my head. The magical day finally arrived and two short hours in I knew that today is the day I will eat a whole block of cheese....because I'm feeling stressed, or pregnant. But it's probably actually just stress. Either way that whole block of cheese is mine.


My two little owls, one hoo's louder than the other.

Now I really won't eat a whole block of cheese. Probably because I'm more of a mixing bowl full of ice cream kind of girl, but my point is, and I do have one, that it's easy to paint pictures of super happy families. You capture a photo of your child smiling, post it on Facebook and life looks beautiful. But I'm keeping it real, yo, and letting you know that the photos I share don't paint the whole picture. Today, despite the gorgeous weather, is kinda of crappy day. 

Dina holding a snake at the Maple Syrup Festival this weekend.

CJ wanted to squeeze the life out of this poor snake. We subsequently only allowed her to pet it.

Brave girls.

If nothing else I am learning patience...and how to bite my tongue. The glory of nap time waits around the corner and we're slowing tiptoeing closer. Kate and I are hoping for CJ to pull a 3 hour slumber fest. Our ears could use a rest.



Comments

I admire your honesty, Sarah. I sincerely hope your day gets better and you were able to enjoy nap time. I've been looking forward to this day for over a week now, too. I'm seeing some muddy boots in our future. :o)

P.S. I could eat a whole block of cheese just because it's good. ;o)
Harlie is in this lovely stage as well. I think it's a little more comical this round then with Wendell as I can spy when the tantrum is coming better and I know how to play hard ball better. I wonder if #3 will be even more extreme? Hopefully this stage passes quickly.. if I remember it gets much easier after this phase. Now if we could just get through potty training...
Julie Ulven said…
I have MFYOWSSAM syndrome here: My five year old won't stop screaming at me. And we have a therapist who tells us "Eh, She's five. It's what they do." Okay, so Dina won't pet the cat but she will hold a SNAKE? I hate snakes. We played at the park today and without a coat on!!!
J-D-K-G said…
Kale is an occasional screamer. Today he decided the Waverly Walmart was the place to do that. Oye. He's also into tantrum mode and won't answer me when I ask him simple questions making me get more irritated as he gets irritated. Thanks for your post, Sarah, and all the moms who commented-I am not feeling so alone!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...