Things I love about today...

Today has been all that a Friday should be... at least a Friday in the life of a stay-at-home mom.

Today I loved sleeping in until the late morning hour of 7 a.m. Seriously, that is sleeping in.

I loved a little time with friends while my girls played with other kids. They were supervised and therefore any cries for mommy weren't heard by my ears. (Kids call out for their 'mommy' a lot. Lately it feels like my girls are working on a Guinness Book world record. I'm guessing the word mommy is uttered 578 times an hour. Multiply that by 12 hours of awake time with mom and I hear that word 6,936 times a day.)

...but back to more positive thoughts... 

I also loved hearing our baby's heartbeat for the first time. Yep, this is really happening. We're having a third. I'm sweating a little right now.

The week began with snow on the ground, followed by a melt, followed by 60+ temps, followed by the return of winter coats. You never know with Iowa weather.

Today I loved a fish sandwich with cheese, tartar sauce and pickles and a bright green Shamrock shake. I loved it so much I almost ordered a second. I instead behaved myself and drove away.


Today I loved play time outdoors with CJ. Just CJ. She needs that one-on-one time and her behavior improves immediately when all of my attention is on her. 



Today I loved remembering we are going out for pizza tonight and I therefore don't have to cook. This tired, pregnant girl loves that a lot.


And right now at this very moment I am loving that nap time / quiet time is about 25 minutes away. And I subsequently love Netflix streaming because like I said, I am a tired, pregnant girl and I'm not planning much activity for my down time this afternoon.


Happy weekend to you! I just might find myself another Shamrock shake sometime soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...