signing day...

Iowa State to Matt is like the American flag to the United States; synonymous in every way. He loves Iowa State so much that I swear he switched out Iowa State for my name in our wedding vows. "I, Matt, take you, Iowa State University, to be my..." If I wasn't in the room after Kate was born he probably would have penned CY on her birth certificate. These may be slight exaggerations but for anyone who meets Matt, one of the very first things you'll learn is his passion for all things Iowa State. From his shirts, to his jackets, ball caps, golf balls, tea mug... name a possession and it probably has the ISU logo on it.

So when Matt caught wind of an Iowa State women's basketball clinic for girls you better believe he signed up Kate's name as fast as he could find his Iowa State pen. 



And I believe there is mutual affection by Kate as well. Her dad has brain washed her good. While I help her say prayers at night, Matt can be found singing her to sleep with the Iowa State fight song. 

Iowa State or not, Kate is developing a strong interest in basketball and man can that girl dribble.


I think her jump shot still needs some work though.



And what good basketball clinic wouldn't be complete without Iowa State balloon swords. I'm sure each kid was told to go slay a Hawkeye. (But I'm a total neutral party in this, okay people. I don't want my Hawkeye-loving family to disown me!)


After the clinic the kids stuck around for the women's game. This is Kate's impression of a cheerleader, I guess.


And afterwards Kate got her picture taken with her favorite ISU basketball player, 6'7" Anna Prins. Kate actually got quite nervous for this photo. 


The clinic was great for Kate and for Matt. Kate learned some new skills, well as many as you can possibly learn at age 5, and Matt further instilled his love for ISU into his favorite, oldest daughter.


Comments

J-D-K-G said…
Love it Sarah...even if it IS Iowa State related...!
The basketball floor was made for Kate or is it the other way around.
kate is a beautiful girl!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...