This week has been a series of thrills and disasters. It's strange. We had an excitedly, glorious moment where my heart raced like an Olympic swimmer on steroids, only to follow it up with a heart breaker. One after the other, this week is roller coastering itself to the finish line. I hope the good will continue and the bad will die out in a pile of ashes. I made sure to photo document most of the good stuff, but I skipped the bad. Bad days are real but who wants pictures of them?

These two have melted my heart so many times this week. They've been seen hugging, dancing and occasionally fighting. Fortunate is what I am.


And although this photo is blurring I had to share. We sometimes have dance parties after dinner. This is Dina sporting her 'dancing face' while attempting to get Supergirl CJ to wiggle with her. And I really mean wiggle. We were dancing to my favorite Zumba song, "Wiggle, Wiggle" by Fulatino. It puts a smile on my face.




Kate is high drama most days. It's typically good high drama but drama none the less. Her tumbling class was fortunate enough to perform during the high school wrestling meet the other day. I'm not sure what's going on with this pose but I particularly like this picture because it shows CJ sneaking into line with the other girls. She tried this so many times but never got away with it.


I tried my best to capture an action picture of Kate's tumbling performance but there were too many bodies running back and forth. I did catch a shot of her random, happy interpretive dance. She was supposed to be waiting her turn in line but the excitement got to her. When a girl's gotta a dance, then a girl is gonna dance.


This is the tail end of her cartwheel. Yes, a tumbler is expected to land on her feet after a cartwheel but Kate is...well let's say she is trying to recreate the cartwheel into something of her own. 


Pigtails in the air... such a happy looking little kid moment.


Another happy moment (yes, I'm glossing over the bad) was when I successfully taught Kate how to play Solitaire. She's got the hang of it. Watch out Vegas, our 5 year old plays cards. (I've never been to Vegas, do they have Solitaire? kidding, totally kidding...)


And of course, little sister must try her hand at Solitaire as well. But she failed miserably. Counting money is her stronger suit.


To continue my intentional ignoring of bad events, I snapped a quick pic of Kate making her own lunch. Yes, the girl turned find just last week and she has started making her own sandwiches, she finally buckled herself into the van and got her sister some milk upon request. And if you know CJ it is an all too often request. That girl downs 3 gallons a week on her own. But I digress...



So there you have it folks. Almost all of the great things from our week so far. I didn't share them all and I didn't mention a single bad thing because I'm trying to focus on the positive points in life. Certainly we cannot ignore all the less than rosy things that are presented to us in this life but right now, for me, I'm going to drink in the good and spit out the bad because there is always something happy going on around the corner.



Comments

Great attitude--love the quotable quotes. I look forward to visiting more on Friday! :o)

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...