Things about today...

I am tired today, yo. I've also been listening to too much hip-hop. I don't even like hip-hop all that much. (Okay, that's a total lie. I'm a closet fan. But my heart still pitter-patters for good ol' rock n' roll.) 

Today has been fun and obviously tiring as I type this with coffee in hand and my eyelids drooping.

Today I skipped the guilt behind plopping CJ in front of an episode of Scooby Doo because she watched it with the Bible in her hands. Perhaps she was praying for mom's forgiveness? 
This was all her. Not staged at all. Promise!


Today the snow is melting thanks to above freezing temperatures. We celebrated by building the biggest snowman I could hoist into the air. I may have also left CJ in the house to play for 10 minutes by herself while Kate and I finished building. I guess I was having too much fun. 

Our snowman looks more like a totem pole but no one around here is complaining. 


I did complain however about Frosty's inability to hold onto his blueberry eyes and mouth. I desperately teetered atop an overturned garbage can poking holes into his face without success until I broke out a can of spray paint and fed blueberries to the birds. The newspaper delivery man arrived during my balancing act and looked at me like I was a complete nut. Which I suppose could be true.
That is one bad motha snowman.


Today my dining room table looks like this...
(Actually it's looked like that pretty much all week.)


We've been fiercely cutting hearts and creating glittery Valentine's for days. I'm starting to lose the passion.

Today my 'mud room' / 'foyer' / 'hallway pass-through' looks like this...
(And actually this area too has looked this way for days.)


And today, when no one was looking, I helped myself to the last serving of Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cake. I baked it last night and 95% was gone two hours after being pulled from the oven. I should have taken a photo of the cake for my blog but all you would have seen is this...

(This was not my cake leftovers. I stole this picture from the internet.)

I thought maybe I'd search out the recipe and share it's link on my blog but couldn't find the exact one. 
I did however find a new website that will probably cause me to waste a lot of time.

And, today after shoveling, snow digging, snowman building, races through the living room, dancing to various hip-hop songs, a library visit and chasing the cat to save her from CJ annihilation, both little girls are tucked away in their rooms.

I like today.








Comments

I laughed so hard reading this post I ended up having to read part of it out loud to Austin because he wanted to know what was so funny.

I am so impressed with your snowman! I, too, had fun building snowmen today and quickly realized my limitations as far as how big it can be. Mine wasn't even as tall as I was. How in to world did yours get so tall?!? We made a second snowman that Emily spent a long time "packing" and it also pretty much looks like a totem pole. I'm pretty sure most of the rocks have already fallen out of the face and the baby carrot nose really doesn't cut it. I stared at your picture for a long time thinking, "Is that spray paint?!? That's brilliant!" until I scrolled down and read all about it. That's awesome! I'm totally doing something like that next time. I saw a really cool picture of an upside-down snowman on Pinterest (where else?!?) that I totally want to make sometime, but I think I have to wait until the kids are older and have more patience (or I can do it by myself ;o).

I did not look at your new web site beyond the front page because of the current ban on Pinterest I have put in place for myself. I'm 90% done with both the bookwork and personal taxes and I'm bound and determined to get a few blog posts up yet tonight. Maybe by Sunday night I can take a peek.

See you tomorrow! :o)
That snowman is taller than Matt!

Popular posts from this blog

The dark day of June 27th...

The other side of the dark day...

October things...